- About Us
- PADI Courses
- SSI Courses
- Go Pro
- Tec Diving
- Dive Sites & Marine Life
- Koh Tao
padi assistant instructor course
As a PADI Assistant Instructor, you not only gain additional experience as a PADI Professional, but you also start learning the PADI System of diver education. You can act as an instructional Certified Assistant and assume limited teaching responsibilities. It’s a great way to gain experience in order to become an Open Water Scuba Instructor!
what you will do...Building on your solid foundation as a PADI Divemaster, we will concentrate on developing your teaching skills and techniques.
you learn through:
- Knowledge development - self-study, quizzes, lectures and presentations.
- Confined water skill review and assessment, workshops and presentations.
- Open water workshops, rescue assessment and candidate presentations.
what will you be able to teach?In addition to the responsibilities and duties you already have as a PADI Divemaster, as a PADI Assistant Instructor you can:
- Teach academic presentations under the indirect supervision of a PADI Instructor.
- During confined water dives, present initial skills training under the direct supervision of a PADI Instructor.
- Evaluate Open Water Diver surface skills under the indirect supervision of a PADI Instructor.
- Teach and certify PADI Peak Performance Buoyancy Specialty Divers under the direction of a PADI Instructor.
- Teach Project AWARE Specialty courses.
- Teach the AWARE Coral Reef Conservation Specialty course.
- Conduct PADI Discover Scuba Diving experiences in a pool or confined water.
- Conduct PADI Seal Team AquaMissions.
- Teach PADI Digital Underwater Photographer Specialty courses under the direction of a PADI Instructor after earning the PADI Digital Underwater Instructor rating.
Price 18,000 THB
To enroll in the PADI Assistant Instructor course, you must be a PADI Divemaster or qualifying certification from another certification organisation, be at least 18 years old and have 60 logged dives, including night, deep, and navigation dives.
You must have been a certified diver for at least 6 months, have CPR and First Aid Training within the last 24 months and be fit for diving and submit a Medical Statement (PDF) signed by a physician within the last 12 months.
If you would like to do this course and do not yet meet the minimum requirement, no problem. We can teach you everything you need.
The PADI Assistant Instructor course is taught over one week and comprises of theory, knowledge presentations, confined water and open water sessions.
We run a full PADI Instructor Development Course every month which includes the PADI Assistant Instructor course, the PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor course and the Emergency First Response Instructor course.
We also run a PADI Master Scuba Diver Trainer program following the Instructor Exam (IE) which includes an internship. This trains you to teach 5 Specialties as a PADI Instructor and gives you the rating of MSDT.
The course includes full equipment hire where needed and boat fees, high quality instruction from experienced and qualified instructors, tea, coffee, water and light refreshments on the boat and collection from the pier upon arrival if required.
You will need to purchase a PADI IDC pack (which we offer at a discounted price of 17,500THB). This includes The PADI Instructor Manual with Decal, PADI's Guide to Teaching, PADI Specialties Instructor Manual on CD Rom, Business of Diving / Best of USJ DVD, Instructor cue cards for PADI’s core courses (OW, AOW, Rescue and Divemaster), IDC Candidate Workbook and related reference materials, Lesson planning slates for confined and open water and Quiz and exam booklets for the core courses.
There will also be further costs, payable to PADI for the Assistant Instructor Application, of AU$ 78.
we can also offer you a selection of discounted accommodation which you can take a look at here. If you plan to stay for a month or longer then there are some places offering longterm accommodation contact us with your requirements and we can send you some suggestions.
Ready to book now? With Master Divers you can book online with a small deposit, using your VISA or MasterCard.
Please note that the dive center is closed for the following dates each year: 1st January, 14th April, 1st-30th November, 25th December. If any of these dates fall into your intended travel dates, please contact us first before booking.
where to from here?
Take the full Instructor Development Course to become a PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor so you can teach and certify PADI Open Water Divers, and more.