12 Amazing Things You Didnt Know About Marine Life !
- The Sailfish is the fastest fish in the ocean being able to swim up to 109kph…
- Butterfly fish can also swim backwards to escape danger…
- Sharks are able to see almost as well behind as they can see in front.
- Octopuses have 3 hearts….
- The tiny Saddleback anemonefish need a hard surface to lay their eggs so drags suitable items over to its host anemone such as shoes, pieces of plastic, cans and coconut shells.
- Experts believe that whale sharks may have a life span of up to 150 years. The largest recorded whale shark was 41.5 feet long, had a girth of 23 feet, and weighed more than 47,300 pounds. Larger whale sharks have been reported, some as long as fifty-nine feet, but none have been accurately documented.
- Jellyfish are made up of over 95% water and it has no brain….
- Despite their names, Jellyfish, Cuttlefish, Crayfish, and Starfish, are not fish.
- Most fish are considered cold-blooded, but some, such as Tuna, can raise their body temperatures.
- A Seahorse can grow as large as 20 inches tall -the smallest seahorse is called a pygmy seahorse and is only 1 inch tall
- Catfish have over 27,000 taste buds whereas humans have only 9,000 taste buds.
- The smallest fish known to date is the Trimmaton nanus –growing up to 1cm long and is found in the Indian Ocean.
Do you have other amazing facts – then let us know in the comment box below …..
No Comments »
No comments yet.