We realise you have a lot of choice on Koh Tao, so why should you choose us to take your fun dives? Our high ranking on Trip Advisor supports the fact that hundreds of other divers have been happy with their choice. But it’s not just that….
- We operate a strict policy of 4 divers to any dive guide, even on scuba reviews and fun dives.
- We adhere to PADI standards with regards to conducting refresher dives. This means you will never be in a group with rusty divers who have not updated or refreshed their skills in a long while.
- We do not share boats or rent boat space from other companies. We own our own boats, air compressors, and all of our own equipment (not as common as you’d think!), so we have complete control over the safety and standards of our operation.
- Having 2 vessels means we can easily split our schedule to cater to more advanced divers, so we can send fun divers on one boat to deeper/more challenging sites, while divers in training can go to easier sites on the other boat.
- We access our dive boats directly from the beach on our longtail boat, so we have no need for taxi’s, and you won’t need to climb over many other boats at the busy main pier to get to our vessels.
- Having our own boats gives us complete control over dive site schedule and choices. We do try to make sure that fun divers visiting us do get to see a range of sites over their stay and if you have a particular request we try our best to make it happen – and we usually manage it!
- We can run each boat twice a day, and offer night dives every other night. This means you can dive up to 4-5 times per day if you wish.
- As well as regular night dives, we are one of the few schools on the island offering UV fluorescent night diving…a truly amazing experience!
- We allow longer dive times than some of our competitors. While at many centres dive times are capped at 40-45 minutes, we allow bottom times of up to one hour (air supply allowing!).
- As well as having our own air compressor, we also have our own Enriched Air Nitrox (Eanx) compressor, so we can provide you with Eanx for just 200THB per fill.
- We also have torches, dive computers and compasses available for rent.
- All of our equipment is serviced/maintained/replaced to the highest specifications by our on-site equipment technicians.
- We provide all of our divers with dive booties and open heeled fins as standard, so no squeezes or blisters to worry about from our footwear!
- We are a fully registered, licensed and insured dive centre, which unfortunately may on the island are not.
- To ensure all of our divers are safe, we offer coverage on our comprehensive dive insurance policy (officially recommended and endorsed by the Thai government) for any customers without their own dive coverage. This is just 100 THB for the entirety of your stay when diving with us at Master Divers. For more regular divers, we also offer a range of comprehensive yearly dive policies at competitive rates.
- As well as our own daily trips around Koh Tao, we have joined forces with an excellent company on the West coast of Thailand, so during the Similan and Surin islands season (Oct-May), we can offer you liveaboard dive trips too!
- We care deeply about our environment and work hard to do what we can, not only to mitigate our impact but help preserve and nurture what we have. We do regular land and sea ‘clean ups’, have a coral nursery and help out with many other artificial reef projects. We have a dedicated conservation instructor on staff, and are also involved in reef monitoring and surveying for a number of bodies too. We actively promote recycling and the reduction of plastic consumption and waste, and in April 2016 we were the organisers of the biggest island wide dive site clean up in Koh Tao history for World Earth Day.
- We are a 5 Star PADI IDC centre, meaning that we excel in standards, services and quality, and that this is officially recognised by PADI.
We hope this answers many of questions you may have had about diving with us. However if you have any further questions or require more details on any of our dives or courses, please do contact us and we will be only too happy to assist you 🙂