We realise you have a great choice of places to take your Divemaster and Instructor training on Koh Tao, so why should you choose us? Our high ranking on Trip Advisor proves we are generally a highly regarded dive centre, with hundreds of happy divers who have enjoyed their courses with us. But at pro level you need even more out of us than just that…
- At the professional level, Master Divers still follows the same philosophy that we apply to all our other courses. Small groups and personal attention and development are our mantra – you won’t be lost in a group of 12 or more candidates. We simply limit spaces on our courses so that we do not dilute the training we offer. Even on the Instructor Development Course (IDC) there is only a maximum of 4 students per instructor.
- Aside from learning how to become a Divemaster and/or Instructor, there is wealth of knowledge here to soak up. There are technical divers, gas blenders, equipment technicians and divers who have dived for years all over the world. We are busy enough to support a thriving professional level program but not too big so that it’s anonymous and overwhelming, meaning that everyone is able to help and support each other.
- Our PADI Course Director, Gaz Lyden, is a very experienced and dynamic instructor trainer with a 100% pass rate of his candidates at both Divemaster and IDC level. He has over 12 years’ experience in the industry, including time spent managing a hyperbaric chamber. He has worked across multiple agencies during his tenure and has an incredible depth of knowledge to pass on. In recognition of this, Gaz has been awarded both a membership achievement award, and also a Gold Course Director rating by PADI.
- Our Divemaster internship will give you insight into how the dive centre works at every level, with experience in day to day running of the centre, dive marketing and social media, dive centre operations and logistics, and opportunities to run some programmes under the supervision of one of our staff, so you have some real hands on experience. We will also assist you in writing a dive CV and help you network to apply for jobs on completion of the course.
- Our career packages provide you with additional specialties and skills needed to give you the edge and enhance your career opportunities.
- We have an outstanding reputation for producing quality Divemaster and Instructors. We try to employ from within wherever possible, so historically many of our pro level candidates end up working for us. However, other dive centres are very willing to hire our DM & IDC candidates too, because they are confident of their high quality when it comes to standards, proficiency and training.
- We care deeply about our environment and work hard to do what we can, not only to mitigate our impact but help preserve and nurture what we have. We do regular land and sea ‘clean ups’, have a coral nursery and help out with many other artificial reef projects. We are also involved in reef monitoring and surveying for a number of bodies too. We actively promote recycling and the reduction of plastic consumption and waste, and in April 2016 we were the organisers of the biggest island wide dive site clean up in Koh Tao history for World Earth Day. We have a dedicated conservation instructor on staff, and some of our pro packages include a conservation dive and presentation evening so you can learn more about the marine environment that you will be working in.
- As a dive pro, we recognise that the career path you choose may change continuously over time; so when our new DM’s and Instructors are completing their training we go through career development with them and try to do something called ‘niching’, where we identify areas in which they can do additional training or draw on previous experience and then help uncover new opportunities.
- We are currently the only dive centres on Koh Tao offering training and development in all four sectors of diving – recreational courses, pro courses, freediving courses and Tec courses. This means you have more opportunities to learn and diversify your skills set.
- We have lots of contacts with instructors and dive schools in many locations worldwide – Australia, Maldives, Indonesia, Philippines, Singapore and Sri Lanka, just to name a few.
We hope this answers many of the questions you may have had about going pro with us. However if you have any further questions or require more details on any of our dives or courses, please do contact us and we will be only too happy to assist you 🙂