- About Us
- PADI Courses
- SSI Courses
- Go Pro
- Tec Diving
- Dive Sites & Marine Life
- Koh Tao
padi divemaster course
Want to get paid to dive? The ocean could be your office!
As a PADI Divemaster you are entering the ranks of the Dive Professional. Not only will your dive skills and knowledge be exemplary, but you'll be a role model for other divers.
You'll be qualified to work in the scuba diving industry anywhere in the world - beautiful tropical islands the world over beckon, and you can choose to work for a dive school, on a liveaboard, for a marine conservation project, and many others. Becoming a PADI Divemaster opens up a whole new world of adventure in stunning locations - where you go is up to you!
What makes your training at Master Divers so different?
- Our team!
You will learn from instructors with years of experience both teaching and diving all over the world. They have dived in many different locations and conditions. They are technical and trimix divers, deep wreck exploration divers, cave divers, published underwater photographers. They are experienced professional level trainers having taught many PADI Divemasters.
You will work with these instructors which will not only offer you a fantastic experience base to pull from but also you will be able to learn from their different styles of teaching too. Exposure to this level of instructor will provide you with a head start when gearing up for your PADI Instructor Development Course.
Yet we are still a small dive centre meaning that you get the development and training that you personally need. You are not just a name on a board - we know who you are and what you need and are on hand to help!
what you will do...
on dry land...
- You will broaden your knowledge of dive theory gaining a more indepth understanding of critical dive topics
- You will study 9 chapters from the PADI Divemaster Manual which focus on teaching you the practical side of being a PADI Divemaster . Topics covered are: The Role and Characteristics of a Divemaster, Supervising Diving Activities, Assisting with Student Divers, Diver Safety and Risk Management, Divemaster Conducted Programs, Specialised Skills and Activities, The Business of Diving and Your Career, Awareness of the Dive Environment; and Dive Theory Review. For each topic, you will complete a knowledge review to consolidate your learning as you progress through the course. You will also attend lecture sessions with an Instructor to ensure maximum retention. Your knowledge will be tested with 2 multiple choice exams.
- You will create an Emergency Assistance Plan, similar to the one you created for your Rescue Diver Course to prepare you for dealing with any diver related emergencies, as a PADI Divemaster.
in the water...
- We will teach you to be able to demonstrate each Open Water skill to a very high standard.
- You will learn the principles of guiding certified divers and organising diving activities.
- You must perform stamina skills including timed swims, snorkel swims, survival floats and tired diver swims.
- Your comfort underwater will be tested by exchanging equipment with another diver whilst sharing one regulator.
- You will have your rescue skills refreshed and tested by completing an unconscious diver rescue scenario.
- You will understand the principles of diving logistics by assisting in boat and dive operations management.
- You will advance your underwater navigation skills by surveying an open water dive site and creating a map for future divers to navigate from.
- You will learn the fundamentals of search & recovery dives.
- You will build on the deep diver skills learnt in your Advanced Open Water course, we will provide you with additional experience to better prepare you for supervising deep dives as a PADI Divemaster.
- You will complete workshops for all PADI Divemaster conducted programs.
- You will have practical assessments for leading certified divers in open water, assisting with Open Water Diver students in confined & open water and assisting with students completing continuing education courses in open water.
- By certification you will have logged 60 open water dives.
free internshipUpon certification we offer you the opportunity to stick around and learn more. We will get you conducting the programs and tasks that you are trained for but under supervision. We will give you feedback so that you can keep developing your skills and techniques.
You will also have the opportunity to be exposed to the wider business of diving, understanding what happens at the front of house as well as dive logistics. This is invaluable work experience for your CV when looking for jobs.
once certified, you will
- Be able to supervise certified divers in shore-based and boat-based diving activities.
- Be able to assist with training divers taking PADI courses.
- Be able to independently conduct specific PADI programs for certified divers and non-divers (e.g. Scuba Review, Discover Snorkeling, PADI Skin Diver course).
- Be authorized to accompany student divers during PADI Open Water dives, PADI Adventure Dives or Specialty training dives under the indirect supervision of a PADI Instructor.
- Be able to conduct subsequent dives under an Instructor’s indirect supervision for PADI Discover Scuba Diving participants after participants have satisfactorily completed the first dive with a PADI Instructor.
- If qualified as a PADI Discover Scuba Diving Leader, independently conduct the PADI Discover Scuba Diving program.
- Be able to teach Emergency First Response courses after successfully completing an Emergency First Response Instructor course.
- Have sufficient dive theory knowledge, water skills, rescue skills and experience to enter the PADI Assistant Instructor course and the PADI Instructor Development course.
- Be an asset to any dive-related business, understanding and meeting the dive community's needs and expectations in dive leaders.
- Be authorised to earn the PADI Digital Underwater Photographer Specialty Instructor rating to be able to teach the PADI Digital Underwater Photographer Specialty course..
|PADI eLearning is available for the Divemaster course, click here to read more.||
Price 25,000 THB
To enrol in the PADI Divemaster course, you must be 18 years or older, have the PADI Advanced Open Water Diver certification (or have a qualifying certification from another organisation), be a PADI Rescue Diver (or qualifying certification from another training organisation), have an Emergency First Response Primary and Secondary Care certification (or qualifying first aid and CPR training from another organisation) which was completed within the past 24 months, have at least 40 dives to begin the course and 60 for certification, be fit for diving and submit a Medical Statement (PDF) signed by a physician within the last 12 months.
We recommend that you take 6 weeks for this course to ensure that upon completion you are fully prepared both mentally and physically for the role of PADI Divemaster. The internship, should you wish to complete it, is up to 2 weeks in addition to this. There's a great deal of information and skills to assimilate on this course and, arguably, the more time you spend as a Divemaster Trainee, learning the ropes and consolidating your knowledge with practical application, the better a Divemaster you will be at the end of it.
The course is flexible, allowing for breaks in your training should you wish to explore some of Thailand, and we can start your training whenever you choose. If your schedule is tight or you want to spread it over a longer period, contact us and we can tailor the course to suit your needs.
The course includes all the elements required for completion: equipment hire and boat fees, high quality instruction from experienced and qualified instructors, very generous equipment discounts when purchasing your own kit, tea, coffee, water and light refreshments on the boat and collection from the pier upon arrival if required.
N.B. For your training you are required to have your own set of PADI Divemaster materials from which you can study from and refer to. The pack includes the PADI Instructor Manual, PADI Divemaster manual, The Encyclopedia of Recreational Diving, The Scuba Tune-up Guidebook, The eRDPml, The DSD Cue Card, a Training Log as well as PADI Divemaster underwater slates which help you conduct the programs you will be qualified to do. These materials are crucial to your learning and future diving career. We offer these materials for just 6,000THB.
There will also be a further cost, payable to PADI for the Divemaster Application, of AU$ 144.
we can also offer you a selection of discounted accommodation which you can take a look at here. If you plan to stay for a month or longer then there are some places offering longterm accommodation contact us with your requirements and we can send you some suggestions.
Ready to book now? With Master Divers you can book online with a small deposit, using your VISA or MasterCard.
Please note that the dive center is closed for the following dates each year: 1st January, 14th April, 1st-30th November, 25th December. If any of these dates fall into your intended travel dates, please contact us first before booking.
where to from here?
And here are some suggestions for other PADI courses that will help make you more successful as a PADI Divemaster: