- About Us
- PADI Courses
- SSI Courses
- Go Pro
- Tec Diving
- Dive Sites & Marine Life
- Koh Tao
PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor (OWSI) Course
Are you looking for something extraordinary? To do something others can only dream of?
Transform your life and share your passion for the underwater world with others.
A PADI OWSI can work all over the world as a dive professional; the world is quite literally your oyster! This is your ticket to travel and work anywhere. You'll meet some great people and start many new divers on their path of discovery of the oceans. There are some amazing sights to be seen and shared with your students and many adventures to be had along the way.The PADI Instructor Development Course (IDC), the core of PADI Instructor training, can be broken into two portions: the first portion is the Assistant Instructor course followed by the second, the Open Water Scuba Instructor program.
What you will do...
On Dry Land...
- You will learn how to teach the academic portions of the PADI dive courses that you will soon be able to teach.
- Your diving theory knowledge will be both refreshed and tested to ensure it meets instructional standards.
- You will learn the practical and theoretical aspects of Emergency First Response and be able to demonstrate skills and techniques that will enable you to confidently teach this important aspect of diver education.
- You will learn about the PADI Educational System and gain a thorough understanding of PADI Standards.
- You will gain a great understanding of the dive industry and business of diving as a whole.
- You will learn about risk management and general safety issues as they relate to diving.
In The Water...
- We will ensure that your skills demonstrations are perfected to an instructional standard.
- You will learn how to conduct both confined and open water training across a range of courses.
- Your rescue skills will be refreshed and perfected.
Price 20,000 THB
To qualify for training as a PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor, you must be certified as a PADI Divemaster or a PADI Assistant Instructor or be an instructor in good standing with another training organisation for at least six months, be at least 18 years old need 100 logged dives to take the Instructor Exam, have proof of CPR and First Aid training within the last 24 months, be fit for diving and submit a Medical Statement (PDF) signed by a physician within the last 12 months.
ScheduleThe PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor course is taught over two weeks.
We run a full PADI Instructor Development Course every month which includes the PADI Assisitant Instructor course, the PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor course and the Emergency First Response Instructor course.
We also run a PADI Master Scuba Diver Trainer program following the Instructor Exam (IE) which includes an internship. This trains you to teach 5 Specialties as a PADI Instructor and gives you the rating of MSDT.
The course includes boat fees, high quality instruction from experienced and qualified instructors, free buffet lunch during the Instructor Development Course, tea, coffee, water and light refreshments on the boat and collection from the pier upon arrival if required. You will also be eligible for generous professional discount equipment purchases.
You will need to purchase a PADI IDC pack (which we offer at a discounted price of 17,500THB). This includes The PADI Instructor Manual with Decal, PADI's Guide to Teaching, PADI Specialties Instructor Manual on CD Rom, Business of Diving / Best of USJ DVD, Instructor cue cards for PADI’s core courses (OW, AOW, Rescue and Divemaster), IDC Candidate Workbook and related reference materials, Lesson planning slates for confined and open water and Quiz and exam booklets for the core courses.
There will also be further costs, payable to PADI for the Instructor Exam - AU$ 710 and Instructor Application - AU$ 188.
we can also offer you a selection of discounted accommodation which you can take a look at here. If you plan to stay for a month or longer then there are some places offering longterm accommodation contact us with your requirements and we can send you some suggestions.
Ready to book now? With Master Divers you can book online with a small deposit, using your VISA or MasterCard.
Where to from here?
Join the PADI Master Scuba Diver Trainer program following the Instructor Exam (IE) which includes an internship. This trains you to teach 5 Specialties as a PADI Instructor and gives you the rating of MSDT.