This Campaign is run by Master Scuba Divers Co Ltd, a registered business in Koh Tao, Thailand with tax registration number 0845538000551 and registered office at 25/8 Moo 2, Mae Haad, Koh Tao, Suratthani, Thailand, 84360.
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: This Campaign is open only to those who sign up at www.master-divers.com/life and who are 18 years or older as of the 1st July 2018. All entrants must be certified divers to a minimum of Open Water Diver prior to the Entry closure on June 1, 2018 @ 11:59 PM GMT. All entrants must be medically fit to take part in SCUBA diving activities, or be able to confirm an acceptable medical sign off to take part in SCUBA diving activities. Any ‘YES’ answer on the medical form will require a sign off from a physician and/or dive physician prior to proceeding to the next stage of the Contest. Acceptability of all medical form submissions will be at the sole discretion of Master Scuba Divers Co Ltd. The winner is responsible for complying with all security requirements for travel and are solely responsible for obtaining all necessary travel documents required for travel (e.g., a valid passport, valid visa for duration of trip). Entrants must be able to travel to Koh Tao, Thailand before August 31st 2018, to claim their prize and commence their training. The training period will be open for a maximum of 6 months. Upon arrival to take receivership of the prize, the Winner will be required to write a weekly blog post and compile a series of five vlog (each 2 minute minimum) posts on topics decided by Master Scuba Divers Co Ltd to document their experience. Employees and ex-employees of Master Scuba Divers Co Ltd, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, (collectively the “Employees”), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in the Campaign. The Campaign is subject to all applicable local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of Master Scuba Divers Co Ltd as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Campaign. The winner agrees to all terms of service defined in Master Divers' Waiver Liability Release and Express Assumption of Risk.
3. Campaign Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on Apr 2, 2018 @ 12:00 AM GMT +7:00 and ending June 1, 2018 @ 11:59 PM GMT. All Stage 2 online video entries must be received by June 2, 2018 @ 12:00 PM GMT. Stage 3 will take place between June 1, 2018 @ 11:59 PM GMT and the final closure date of July 2, 2018 @ 11:59 PM GMT. The Winner will be announced on July 4, 2018.
4. How to Enter: The Campaign is a 3 stage contest comprising of online form submission (Stage 1), Video submission (Stage 2) and Blog submission (Stage 3). The campaign must be entered by using the Master Divers Life Contest Form on our website page for Stage 1, followed by our Facebook page for Stage 2. The entry must fulfill all Campaign requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Master Scuba Divers Co Ltd. You may enter only once. You must provide the information requested. You may not enter more than once by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Master Scuba Divers Co Ltd.
5. Prizes: The Winner of the Campaign (the “Winner”) will receive a PADI Scholarship though Master Scuba Divers Co Ltd to become a PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor including all required courses and dives from (but not including) Open Water Diver and including all required materials and fees ($6,226 USD), a 2 week PADI Divemaster internship ($225 USD), a 2 week PADI Instructor Internship ($642 USD) and a full set of Aqua Lung SCUBA Diving equipment ($4,048 USD). The winner will also receive various Master Scuba Divers Co. Ltd. Gear and Apparel ($45 USD) and a Master Divers Conservation Package ($74 USD). Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by Master Scuba Divers Co Ltd. View a full list of prizes. Any and all prize-related expenses, including travel, visas and accommodation during receivership of the prize, will be at the Winner’s expense. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at Master Scuba Divers Co Ltd discretion. The prize is non-transferable. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Master Scuba Divers Co Ltd to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
6. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. Chances of winning are dependent upon the number of votes received, and the opinion of judges regarding the judging criteria.
7. Winner Selection and Notification: Potential Winner will be selected after completing Stage 1 and Stage 2. In Stage 2, 5 Potential Winners will be selected by community vote in Facebook under the supervision of Master Scuba Divers Co Ltd, and a further selection of 5 Potential Winners made by Master Scuba Divers Co Ltd based on inspiration and/or detail of story . The final Winner in stage 3 will be selected by Master Scuba Divers Co Ltd on June 30th and will be notified by email within five days following selection of Winner. Master Scuba Divers Co Ltd shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 2 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Campaign is conditioned upon compliance with any and all local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT Master Scuba Divers Co Ltd ‘S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CAMPAIGN, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
8. Rights Granted by You: By entering this content (e.g., photo, video, text, etc.), You understand and agree that Master Scuba Divers Co Ltd , anyone acting on behalf of Master Scuba Divers Co Ltd, and Master Scuba Divers Co Ltd.’s licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Campaign, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes, without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent. By entering this content, You represent and warrant that your entry is an original work of authorship, and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If your entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, You will be disqualified at the sole discretion of Master Scuba Divers Co Ltd. If the content of your entry is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, You shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Master Scuba Divers Co Ltd from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which Master Scuba Divers Co Ltd may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
9. Terms & Conditions: Master Scuba Divers Co Ltd reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Campaign should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond Master Scuba Divers Co Ltd ’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Campaign. In such case, Master Scuba Divers Co Ltd may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Master Scuba Divers Co Ltd. Master Scuba Divers Co Ltd reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Campaign or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. Master Scuba Divers Co Ltd has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Campaign, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Campaign rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Campaign may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, Master Scuba Divers Co Ltd reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
10. Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless Master Scuba Divers Co Ltd and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Campaign and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
11. Disputes: This Campaign is governed by the laws of Thailand and Suratthani Province, without respect to conflict of law doctrines. As a condition of participating in this Campaign, You agree that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and/or courses of action arising out of or connected with this Campaign, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located within Suratthani jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Campaign). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
13. Winners List: To obtain a copy of the Winner’s name or a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: Master Scuba Divers Co Ltd, 25/8 Moo 2, Mae Haad, Koh Tao, Suratthani, 84360 Thailand. Requests must be received no later than August 4th 2018 @ 17:00 PM GMT +7:00.
14. Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Campaign is Master Scuba Divers Co Ltd, 25/8 Moo 2, Mae Haad, Koh Tao, Suratthani, 84360 Thailand.
15. Facebook: The Campaign hosted by Master Scuba Divers Co Ltd is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook.